Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What are you kids listening to?


From http://churchrelevance.com/raping-the-innocence-of-generation-z/

Obviously, pop lyrics have digressed from the days of the Beatles (i.e., “I wanna hold your hand.”) to the era of Beyonce (i.e., “I know you want my body. Tonight I’ll be your naughty girl”).Many of today’s Generation Z kids already listen to mainstream pop music. In fact, 44% of UK parents sing their babies pop songs and TV theme tunes rather than nursery rhymes. And if they do not listen to provocative pop music yet, media conglomerates will package it to them and tell them to listen.

Look at the some of music nominees for Nickelodeon’s 2009 Kids’ Choice Awards:

Beyonce“Now take it off while I watch you perform.” (Suga Mama)
Chris Brown“Let’s get and make love on Venus.” (Gimme Whatcha Got)
Alicia Keys“So maybe we can go to first base because I feel you.” (Teenage Love Affair)
Jesse McCartney“Spend the night with me and I’ll rock you.” (Rock You)
Katy Perry “I kissed a girl just to try it. I hope my boyfriend don’t mind it.” (I Kissed a Girl)
Pussycat Dolls“I can get off when you ain’t around.” (I Don’t Need a Man)
Rihanna“What you got up in them jeans? Put it on me, or get lonely.” (Lemme Get That)
Kid Rock“that little p**** l***** finger f***** h* a** c***.” (F*** U Blind)
T-Pain“She was s***** on me. And I was l***** on her.” (69)

No comments: