Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Theology

I love Christ and His Church, but I despise man's doctrines at times. In 1828 Bro. Noah Webster defined doctrine as -

1. In a general sense, whatever is taught. Hence, a principle or position in any science; whatever is laid down as true by an instructor or master. The doctrines of the gospel are the principles or truths taught by Christ and his apostles. The doctrines of Plato are the principles which he taught. Hence a doctrine may be true or false; it may be a mere tenet or opinion. 2. The act of teaching. He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in his doctrine. Mark 4. 3. Learning; knowledge. Whom shall he make to understand doctrine? Isa 28. 4. The truths of the gospel in general. That they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things. Titus 2. 5. Instruction and confirmation in the truths of the gospel. 2 Tim 3.




I define doctrine as a man's codified set of beliefs. Calvin had his doctrine of T.U.L.I.P. The who profess Calvinism seem at times to have forgotten we should preach the Full Council of God's Word. Now by typing this some have already armed themselves and begun to get ready to tear into me because the feel I am a Hermannist. Now the Calvinist look confused. Jacob Hermann is also known by his Latin last name of Arminius. So not I am not a Hermannist or an Arminian. Both sides are sides are confused. If your not a Calvinist or an Arminian, then what are you? Well, I am a Baptist. Matter of fact I am a Missionary Baptist. The an a blend of both, or a hybrid, a didactic supreme if your will. No, I am not supreme. But honestly I don;t hold all of Calvin's points nor do I that of Aminius.

I must scare some because to them I either posses a new theology or I challenge theirs because they do not know what to do with me. I have found two web pages that deal with this.

No comments: