Monday, January 08, 2007

The truth and nothing but the truth

My position may differ from many Americans but I feel that I have better understanding of the issue at hand. You may not have heard about Rep.-elect Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to Congress, will use a Quran once owned by Thomas Jefferson during his ceremonial swearing-in Thursday.
While at face value this might not seem to be a problem it think this is a problem being over looked. Most people that I have heard or read that have an issue with this argue about the fact that it has more to due with his faith not being Christianity. I do not feel this is not the issue. I feel that the matter at hand to be dealt with is the truth. First, our nation was created for the freedom to worship the One True Living God, not for the freedom of worship in general. We can find this easily by looking at what the first colonist believed and worshiped as well as what they were trying to escape. It we look at what they consider faith and what their considered witchcraft and cultic we can see they were not open to all faiths. While this is a problem and the afore link article give a notion of this, it is not the overwhelming issue for me.

I problem that I have is more to do about the standard of truth. When all other government representatives are sworn in, they use the Bible. This is the accepted standard of truth. All representatives are sweating to do up hold the their duties with the help of God.


I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.


If we begin swapping out gods for the Yahweh. The oath is not the same because the teaching promises, and principals are not the same. The truth is not the same. If the oaths are personalized then the truth is subjection. It is a personal truth. Only food for a specific person (or persons).

On additionally issue I find with the article more that the situation is that they mention that the use of the Quran that was previously owned by Pres. Jefferson is a justification of acceptance of all religions. Actually the call it toleracne but I feel their definition is different than mine. An allowance is different than a wage. I we allow just anything now, then I believe that we will be give a wage or payment to the falsehood of a universal, all inclusive religion mind set that will future erode the truth and harm our faith's future in America.

feed back as usual is appreciated

No comments: