Wednesday, January 09, 2008

That's just how we roll

This weekend we are taking a few of our youth out bowling. we are trying to kick off a youth ministry at our Church (well really it is Christ's) with this. Afterwards we will take them to get some pizza at a local buffett. Sort of a Bowl and Binge. Our young people are undisciplined in spiritual matters as they have never really had anything. So this weekend, thier pastror, turns into thier youth pastor too. Really, it is just being thier pastor in general. For our started Bible study I think we are going with this.

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
After all this how we are supposed to roles a Christ Followers. I will work into it a bowling bowl illustation with gutterballs and pins being disractions and sins. Pray for the youth and for me. I really want this to take off and I desperately want to see these yound people grow in Christ. I am in hopes of taking a couple of pre-Christians with us.


No comments: